Do Follow Movement

Do Follow
Almost all blog platforms by default set as "nofollow" so that search engines will not count the link when they crawl your blog. This was originally designed to stop spam, but it does not work. This may reduce your readers contribute to your blog.

What can you do? Disable the "nofollow" tag. Shows to your commenters that you appreciate them and spread the link.

How? Depending on the blog platform you use, you can install the plug in (such as this for WordPress), or turn it off (if you use MovableType), or modify your template (check this site for Blogger tips).

Disabling "nofollow" on the blog has become a movement. If we have a movement, we must have something to show to our readers that we are part of it. I've created a "Do Follow" logo that will work well on the sidebar, and if you write a post that let your readers know you have turned off "nofollow" in your blog, you can link it to that post.

DoFollow

Select » Copy » Paste

Comments

  1. @ Cher. Good question. You can use third party applications or you can view the page source on blog page then go to find "nofollow" tag. If there's no nofollow tag, then it's absolutely do follow. I have checked your blog. Your blog is DoFollow. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have SEO Quake on my PC for Firefox, but you can get Explorer, and it lets me know when links are follow or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Baby. That's a great add-on. I used to have SEO Quake, but I prefer to use the simplest one, SearchStatus (http://dedeandro.blogspot.com/2009/01/searchstatus-extension-for-firefox.html).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, its nice to see one more supporting the do follow movement, I can't understand why many of them still stick to no follow when there is no reason to do so except to stop spam, which can be done by many other means. Do follow not only encourages the commentators to comment on the blog but also spreads the link juice.Long live do follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Web. Yeah, I agree with you and I still can not understand why many bloggers out there stick to no follow. Maybe they have another reason for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank u so much!!!! this is really a wonderful blog! so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi friend! my blog also part of dofollow blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great thing you've showed us, i think am going to go for this.. :-)

    Have a fun day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Nisha. Glad you found it useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice blog. and this blog is my favorite..
    what the different dofollow and nofollow? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Drax. I have clearly explained the definition above. If you remove "nofollow" tag, then "search engines will count the link when they crawl your blog".

    @ Budi. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My blog do follow too coz i want to give my readers backlink that can make they blog more search engine friendly. keep work it dedeandro..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why you not make a list of dofollow blogs so your readers can use it..

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Rohadi, Da. Thanks for your info and support as well. I will think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hellow, i'v add your blog on my listing blog dofollow, check it

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Panca. Hi Panca, thanks for including my blog on your list. I'll check it out for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment