BTW, FAQ, LMAO, LOL, And Other Acronyms Mean

Acronym
When you are in informal correspondence, online forums, and chat boards, people often use these words to make it short. If you are new to the internet, you might want to read this article. Following are some common acronyms for specific phrases and their meanings:
ASAP : As Soon As Possible
BG : Big Grin
BRB : Be Right Back
BTW : By The Way
CU : See You
FAQ : Frequently Asked Question
FYI : For Your Information
GBU : God Bless You
GTG : Get To Go
GUI : Graphical User Interface
ILU : I Love You
IMU : I Miss You
KISS : Keep It Short and Simple
LMAO : Laughing My A*s Off
LOL : Laughing Out Loud
NOOB : NOOBie
OL : OnLine
OMG : Oh My God
OTW : On The Way
PM : Private Message
ROFL : Rolling On the Floor Laughing
ROFLMAO : Rolling On the Floor Laughing My A*s Off
WTF : What The F**k
WYSIWYG : What You See Is What You Get
I hope you enjoy it. If you wanna add some, please write it down by leaving your comments below.

Comments

  1. Now I've been on the net for some years but I actually found a few on this list that were new to me. ILU, IMU, and KISS are ones I've never seen. I wonder if those are mainly used in text messaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ ImitationAngel. I found these words when I've conversation with my friends from Indonesia. They commonly use most of these words. I am new to the internet, so I just wanna share this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CMIIW
    Correct me if i'm wrong

    LMFAO
    Laughing my fukcing as of

    ntar nambah lagi yee.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ASL
    Age Sex Location

    B4
    Before

    BSOD
    Blue Screen of Death (bwahahahahaahaha....tp bneran loh ini)

    FU
    fukc you

    FOAD
    Fukc off and Die

    HAND
    Have a Nice Day

    IDK
    I dont know

    IMO
    In My Opinion

    JK
    joking

    MMORPG
    Massive Multi-player Online Role Playing Game

    NP
    no problem

    STFU
    shut the fukc up

    U
    you

    W8
    wait

    dah gw tau sgitu doang.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noob is really novice. That started in MMORPG games like Ragnarok. I was a Noob in Ragnarok Online. :D

    I'll add something used in the TV series Gossip Girl, xoxo which means hugs and kisses (my classmate told me).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually there's many more...
    Sometimes, people just tend to create one themselves...LOL! I always do that.. Sometimes they understand themselves.. Otherwise, they'll ask me what it means.. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer
    I have to admit when it comes to abbreviations there are so may I just give up. If it's in my own close group of friends we use a few familiar short cuts, but anything out of the ordinary I'm lost. You can always fall back on acronymfinder.com if you aren't sure what the acronym means although you end up finding loads of words used with the same letters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about LTRFTC: Long Time Reader First Time Commentator. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Anonymous, Bryan Karl, Cashmere, Summer, Karen. Wow, this is great. Thanks for adding some new words & sharing your thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is interesting information!..im also new in chat world, and many shortform i learn from here. well, i also want to share..'LTXC'-Long Time No See and 'N2MU'-Nice To Meet You.
    But i think this words i used with my friends only..
    from Nacho Libre--> xoxo means kiss n hug XOXO means big kiss n big hug heeeee...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ qzhienmoontocz. I hope this article would help other to know about acronyms meaning. Thanks for adding some new words, I appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment